12 Jackets/Coats in 2011

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sewing for the Family

I went into Spotlight last week specifically to purchase a pattern for me as they were on special for $5.99 and I wanted to test and fit myself with a Burda. I went shopping with one of my daughters, Madeleine. I never found anything I liked but she did so I bought Burda 8042 for her.


My friend Janine gave her a nice piece of teal fleecy which will make her 2 of these Jackets. My eldest daughter Constanze has also requested one of these jackets in black. The 3 of us have very similar measurements so I will start with the size 36 pattern for us all just altering for sleeve length and body width in the waist and hips where appropriate.

For one of my sons, Connor, at a previous pattern sale I had purchased Burda 9860.

I will make this pattern in a denim for the pants and a very dark purple for the jacket. This pattern goes up to a size 14 so I might be able to use it for another son Aaron as well.

As for the my pattern contest of Patternreview.com I didn't get my coat finished on time and I am still working on it. The design took me a while to decide on and I'm currently working on drafting the pattern. The back and front drafts are completed and I still have to draft the sleeves, Collar, pockets, lining and interfacing pieces.

No comments: