Saturday, August 7, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
M6035 has been traced and cut out in a cream cotton ready to be sewn as time permits.
Monday, January 18, 2010
I can see this shirt pattern being made more than once. I really like the design of this shirt and am hoping I have time to start tracing and altering the pattern for fit this afternoon.
McCalls 6040http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M6040.htm?search=6040&page=1 is another of the patterns in this order. I can see this as a jacket to wear around at home. McCalls 5191http://www.mccallpattern.com/item/M5191.htm?search=5191&page=1 is also in this order. As I dont have many casual jackets this may come in handy. V1136, M6039, V7975 and M6018 were the other patterns in this order. All of which I have plans for.
I am expecting the Marfy 2010/11 catalogue to arrive this week.
Lots of alterations done lately and a little sewing for myself. Now to trace of 6035.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
For my self I have made a few shirts http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V2634.htm?search=2634&page=1 is one of the patterns. I have made this 3 times now. A dress http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V8489.htm?search=8489&page=1 and that's pretty much it for myself. I will blog about and include photos of these two patterns soon. Oh! and I nearly forgot this 1954 vogue design http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V2960.htm?search=2960&page=1 which when I was testing the pattern on some old fabric from my stash thought the test was good enough to wear so I finished it off properly and I wear it.I am starting to work on two formal dresses for two of my nieces. These are images of what the 1st dress is to look like. I have drafted the foundation for this dress using the sitam method of pattern making.
The fit on the toile was pretty close I just have to tighten the side seams a little, contour under the bust and tighten the princess seam above the bust a little. Next I will alter the pattern to match the toile and cut out the foundation in twill, add interfacing, boning, waist stay, lining and fasteners. More photos soon.
Monday, June 29, 2009
I made the jacket to the pattern except I didn't add the belt.
The description in the Burda magazine "This elegant jacket is absolutely loaded with fabulous features-inverted box pleats and broad cuffs provide for the puffy sleeve effect, the waist is highlighted by a buckled belt while the wavy hem-edge looks like a very feminine peplum!"
I traced off the size 38 pattern. I shortened the bodice for length across the chest near the armhole notch by 1cm and under the arm, taking out 2cm in length from the front and the back pattern peices. I shortened the sleeves by 2cm. Made a toile to check the fit and didn't do any more alterations to the pattern though now in retrospect I should have altered the width across the chest as it is a little wide in the shoulders.
The fabric is from spotlight. It wasn't very expensive and I think it is an acrylic/wool mix. With not a lot of wool. This jacket is not lined.
I read the instructions through before commencing this project and found them ok except when I got to the collar application. I read this part of the instructions a few times before I understood what was required.
I like this jacket, it looks really good with straight skirts and pants. I don't think I'll make this pattern again though as I can't see the need for more than one and there are so many more patterns I want to try.
The burda description, "Finest elastic jersey comfortably jugs your figure, a pretty dotted print and empire waistline add fashion fair. The plunging neckline adds a sexy eyecatcher and perfect for showing off one of the latest over-sized necklaces!
I used my usual size 36 in the shoulders and traced out to a 38 for width from the bust down. Shortened the sleeves by 2cm. I didn't make a toile for this top.
The fabric was purchased in spotlight. Its a black/teal/white polyester knit?
As usual I read the instruction through first. This top was quick and easy to make and a great wardrobe builder.
I will make this pattern again in the spring with short sleeves.
I still want to make a few more of the patterns in this magazine as there are a lot of nice designs in this issue. 104a,117 and I like the childrens fashions for my granddaughter, possibly 121 as I have not tried the burda pant patterns as yet and I have read that the fit is really good.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
I thought this would make a nice little shirt and it did. I start tracing the size 36 pattern at the neck and shoulder going out to the 38 lines on the side seams. I have made this pattern up twice now and both times in a cotton voile. The second time I used the collar and sleeve from 117.
I read the burda instructions through first and then didn't need to refer to them. The shirts went together quickly and easily and I will probably use this pattern again. I used Vilene G785 to interface the the front facings and collars with a double layer on the collar stand on 116B. The shirts turned out well and were reasonably cheap and quick to make.