12 Jackets/Coats in 2011

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Michelles costumes



















These last 3 weeks I have been very busy making costumes for Michelle. She needed 3 costumes for school. Rocky Horror, Austin Powers and Priscilla Queen of the desert. I have drafted all the patterns and made up the Priscilla costume. The Austin Powers costume has been fitted and is half sewn, and tomorrow I will cut out the Rocky Horror costume. Will post photos as soon as I can.






















I am pleased with my shawl collar blouse though it could do with being a little tighter in the waist and hip. Also the fabric I used is cotton/linen and its a little stiff.

I haven't worked on my swap because of the costumes and I should have the costumes finished by this weekend.









The 1st photo is when I was cutting out the blouse and it shows that I dont add seam allowances untill I cut my garments.

The 2nd photo shows the undercollar piece and the top collar combined facing over the top of the front and back blouse sections.

The 3rd photo shows during construction applying the finished top collar facing to the shirt with the undercollar showing at the top left of the photo.







No comments: